(Above) Pup Link won Mr. Midwest Rubber 2017 at Touche.
CHICAGO — Pup Link of Chicago won Mr. Midwest Rubber 2017 on Saturday, July 15, at Chicago’s Touche.
Link was one of two contests for this year’s contest. And though the number of contestants was low, the crowd and energy were good. The other contestant, Jezzer, won first runner-up.
The judges for this year’s contest were:
- Pup Icarus, Mr. Midwest Rubber 2016
- Daddy G, Mr. Chicago Leather 2016
- Preston So, Mr. International Rubber 2017
- Issa Arden, Chicago community leader
- Solomon Hursey, Chicago adult toy and rubber fashion designer
Karen Ultra was the emcee and Pup Jojo was the judge’s boy. The contest included rubber image, physique and the always popular mystery bag category. Link found a very interesting use for ranch dressing while using his bag on the newly sashed International Puppy Pup Dodger.
Link will represent the Midwest at Mr. International Rubber 21 this November in Chicago.
Updated to correct names