WASHINGTON – The Great Lakes region will be well-represented this year on the International Mr. Leather 2016 judging panel with three of the judges being residents or having strong links to the area.
Michael Shorten of Chicago, International Master 2014 and Illinois Leather Contest producer; Derek Harley of Minneapolis, Team Friendly Minnesota and Mr. Minneapolis Eagle 2012; and Jeff Gruenberger of Atlanta (formerly Milwaukee), founder and producer of Mr. Wisconsin Leather are all on this year’s judging panel.
The announcement was made at Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend in Washington, D.C.
The other judges this year are:
- Patrick Smith, Los Angeles, CA-International Mr Leather 2015
- Joe Barlow, Provincetown, MA-Creative Director-Full Kit Gear, Mr Boston Leather 2008
- Jeff Henness, Seattle, WA- Executive Director-Cascadia Leather Rising Productions, Seattle Leather Grand Dad 2012
- Penelope Jones, Norman, OK-Vice President-Tulsa Girls of Leather, Women’s International Leather Legacy 2015
- Steve Laviolette, New Brunswick, Canada-Mr. North Florida Drummer 2000 and Mr Sun Coast Leather 2001
- John O’Brien, Dublin, Ireland-Secretary-Geared Ireland
The tallymasters for this year are:
- Don Leach, Fort Lauderdale, FL-Associate Member-Chicago Hellfire Club and Great Lakes Leather Sir 2002
- Dominion ONYX- Washington, DC-Author/Blogger, Past President-Mid-Atlantic Chapter ONYX
International Mr Leather 2016 will be held Friday, May 27 through Monday, May 30, 2016 (Memorial Day Weekend) in Chicago. The Congress Plaza Hotel, 520 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL will be the host hotel for IML 2016.
For weekend information, ticketing, hotel reservations and frequent updates, visit www.imrl.com.